Logging Casing Collar Locator (CCL)
- Long life, high strength SmCo5 magnets
- Alnico 5 magnet construction available for rugged environmental applications
- Highly stable, sensitive and responsive CCL over a wide temperature range
- Excellent performance in flush joint casing or tubing
- Minimal CCL log desegregation at increased operating temperatures
- Flexible with a wide range of cased-hole logging services
- Suitable with all Hunting cased-hole logging tools
- Wet wound pick-up coil helps increase durability and minimize failures
Hunting’s Logging CCL, normally run with a gamma ray, CBL or other cased-hole logging tools, can be used to make a depth correlation between the casing collars, and the open hole log of the well.
Since open hole logs are used to select completion depths, the CCL log becomes a key depth control measurement for perforating, and for helping ensure the depth correlation of other wireline services performed in cased hole.
Hunting’s Logging CCL uses Samarium Cobalt (SmCo5) rare earth magnet material to produce one of the highest amplitude CCL measurement available, and maintains its strength, even at high temperatures. This is especially important in a flush joint casing and tubing environments, as well as logging with tools that must be run centralized in the wellbore.