High Side Indicator
- Outputs relative bearing and inclination.
- Rugged design tested with perforating guns and setting tools
- Compatible with ControlFire and negative voltage perforating operations.
- Onboard temperature sensor
- Realtime surface data confirms the orientation of guns with high degree of accuracy
- Utilizes locking collars to orient guns toward or away from target
- Aids in the prevention of severed casing strings or cable behind casing
- For logging and perforating operations
The High Side Indicator tool (HSI) is used to report the relative bearing and inclination of the downhole tool string in the wellbore during oriented perforating applications.
The HSI is crucial when using eccentric weight bars to avoid perforating fiber optics or dual casing strings. The High Side Indicator features a 3-axis accelerometer to determine the orientation of the tool string relative to zero degrees which is indicated by a notch on the HSI top sub. The tool has a negative fire only firing circuit for ControlFire® perforating operations.