MWD Gamma Detector Module
- Conventional MWD/LWD systems
- Electromagnetic MWD systems
- Retrievable and collar mounted tools
- Formation logging and Geosteering.
- Constructed using proprietary shock and vibration mounting technology
- Continuous operation at 175°C (347°F)
- High sensitivity and repeatability
- Low power operations, maximizes MWD battery life
- Industry standard MDM 15 pin connectors and wiring
- Compact and rugged
- High survivability in underbalanced and air drilling environments
- Data output unaffected by MWD pulser or EM transmitter electrical noise
- Detector design minimizes vibration and shock induced false counts
- Analog negative or positive pulse output or optional qBUS or CAN interfaces
Successful MWD Gamma Ray logging or Geosteering operations require Gamma detectors that will provide long life downhole reliability.
Hunting’s ruggedized MWD Gamma Detector Module (MWD-GDM) have been field proven in both conventional MWD drilling applications and in the harsh multiphase drilling environments associated with electromagnetic (EM-MWD) systems. Scintillation crystals and integral PMT assemblies are manufactured in-house using proprietary assembly and shock-mounting technology. This technology provides outstanding protection at higher shock and vibration loads and minimizes detector failures that are associated with these downhole conditions.
The MWD-GDM chassis and electronics can be fully customized for customer specific applications. Some of the options available include choice of analog negative or positive pulse outputs. MWD bus interfaces such as qBUS or CAN. Downhole averaging/filtering and noise deglitching to improve quality of transmitted data.
Detectors available for both standard MWD or directional (focused) GR for Geosteering. The Detectors’ chassis can be ungrounded (floated) for EM applications.
Solid, reliable and backed by a company with a history of durable products, Hunting’s MWD-GDM’s provides an excellent choice for your MWD Gamma Ray detector requirements.