T-Set® Setting Tools
- Setting bridge plugs, packers and cement retainers on wireline and TCP
- Compact single stage offers shortest tools on the market
- Multi-stage tools offer long strokes
- Components black oxide coated
• Compact single stage ideal for horizontal pump down operations
• Multi-stage tools ideal for plugs and packers requiring a long stroke
• Greater surface hardness and increased abrasive wear from nitriding
• Black oxide coating improves corrosion and chemical resistance
The T-Set® family of setting tools have been engineered to very tight tolerances making them the most reliable and efficient on the market today all at a very affordable price that Titan is renowned for.
The Size 05-10-20 T-Set series features a classic design that the oilfield has been familiar with for decades. Titan has made many improvements to the original design, making it the most rugged and reliable setting tool in the oilfield today.
The compact, single stage T-Set is the shortest setting tool in the T-Set family. Its low weight and short length make it ideal for stage frac jobs requiring pump down operations.
The Multi-Stage T-Set offers the capability to set plugs and packers requiring long setting strokes.
All models operate in a very similar fashion. The ignition of a power charge creates gas pressure inside the setting tool. The gas migrates through a piston initiating the setting sequence. Hydraulic oil inside the tool provides a cushioning effect to protect the plug/packer from damage while setting.
Once the setting force is achieved, a shear stud breaks releasing the T-Set from the plug/packer.