Digital Free Point Tool
- Stuck pipe determination
- Rated to 350°F operations
- Tension, compression and torque measurements
- Solid-state electronic motor control
- Open/Close reported by system
- Six anchor sizes available
- Temperature stable Hall sensor
- Ability to shoot below tool via ControlFire® Sub or EBFire® Sub*
- Real-time data assists in optimizing pipe recovery methods
- Accurate depth determination of stuck assembly
- Controlled electronics protect damage to gear and drive assemblies
- Open and close of motor section controlled by Digital Freepoint Panel or Warrior Panel
Hunting’s Digital Free Point Tool accurately determines the stuck point in pipe, tubing, or a casing string. The real-time data allows the operator to make rapid and informed decisions in determining the next steps to recover the stuck downhole assembly.
The Hall sensor picks up movements in the assembly associated with tension, compression, or torque measurements and converts that to an AC signal. This signal is then processed at the surface by the Digital Free Point Panel or SDS Warrior System.