Dual Mode Firing Head
- Safe and reliable
- Uses existing proven technology for new application
- Allows the option to use pressure or a drop bar to fire the guns
- Designed for all gun sizes
- Can be used with existing Hunting Titan firing head bodies
- Can be used with the Automatic Gun Release firing system
Hunting Titan’s Dual mode Firing Head provides a safe and reliable Direct Pressure or Bar Drop Combination Firing System for Tubing Conveyed Perforating (TCP) operations.
Actuation requires that a predetermined pressure be applied at the firing head to shear the precision retaining pins. When the pins shear, a piston moves down to release the firing piston containing the firing pin. A second option is to drop a bar down the tubing to impact the retaining rod to release the firing piston. Once the firing piston is released, the hydrostatic pressure at the firing head drives the firing pin into the percussion initiator to fire the guns.
The basic design fits 2-3/8” EU 8rd 4.7# tubing, but this tool can be made to fit 2-7/8” 6.5# EU 8rd standard weight tubing with the addition of an adapter. The design of this system uses the existing bar drop firing head, with a threaded top, and just incorporates a shear set with precision shear pins as the pressure actuating method.