Dual Top Firing Head
- TCP perforating
- Permanent completions
- Designed to API RP-67 (Oilfield Explosive Safety) guidelines
- Uses existing Drop Bar and Direct Pressure Firing Head components
- Independent firing systems ideal for permanent completions jobs
- Provides a complete backup solution in case of misfire of primary system
- Enhanced safety as cannot be detonated at surface or by electrical sources
The Dual Top Firing Head provides an ideal solution for redundant firing systems generally requested for rigless permanent completion perforating operations. It consists of the Drop Bar Hydrostatic and Direct Pressure Firing Heads which function completely independent of each other inside a single assembly.
Operating procedures for this system are determined by which firing head is used as the primary system. Generally, the pressure activated firing head is preferred as the primary system. Should no shot be detected using the pressure activated firing head, the mechanically activated firing head can be used as backup. This will ensure no formation damage can occur through pressuring up the wellbore should the primary system have perforated without any indication.
Firing heads and explosives are sold separately. Please refer to their individual data sheets for detailed specifications.