Coiled Tubing In-Situ Pressure Test Sub
• Two O'ring seals to pressure test against via a port
• Multi range of flange connections and pressure ratings
• Internal bore size range from 3.00" - 9.00"
• Pressure tested hydraulically with a hand pump
• Hunting Coiled In-Situ Test Sub centre connection lifting/test cap available
• Reduces the time spent pressure testing the rig up prior to exposing it to live well pressure
• The rig up can be tested whilst pressure sensitive equipment, such as perforating guns are in the riser
• Coil Tubing In-Situ Test Sub integral to the CT BOP will save rig up heights
The Hunting In-Situ Pressure Test Sub was originally designed to reduce time spent pressure testing the broken lubricator connection after tool changes.
The Coiled Tubing In-Situ Pressure Test Sub takes the place of the bottom connection, effectively becoming the tool change joint that has to be broken. As a result of its unique design, it can be tested in isolation to the rest of the rig-up, by the simple use of a small hand pump.
The mid-joint of a Coiled Tubing In-Situ Pressure Test Sub is like any other quick union, except that it has two O-ring seals with a pressure test port between them. This feature is responsible for easy testing of joint integrity.
As noted, this saves pressure testing the whole rig-up, however there is another added advantage in that it allows for the riser system to be pressure tested whilst pressure sensitive equipment (such as perforating guns) are in the riser.