• Redesigned and taken advantage of the Finite Element Analysis to reduce the size and weight without losing functionality or strength
• Operated hydraulically
• Pressure ratings up to 15k psi available
• 30% reduction in weight
• Functional, reliable and easy to use
The Hunting Ball Valve is a fully opening, hydraulically controlled valve, designed to hold pressure from above and below.
It can be used:
- In a pressure control string, either above or below the wireline valve (WLV), as an additional wellhead valve
- For testing the pressure control string prior to running tools into the well
The Hunting Ball Valves have been designed, taking advantage of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to reduce size and weight, resulting in a product that is 30 per cent lighter than its predecessor, with no loss of strength or functionality.
The design itself is very simple, consisting of a precision-machined ball between two floating seats, operated by a hydraulically actuated shuttle. An equalizing valve has been incorporated into the design to ensure that there is no undue stress on the mechanism when opening the valve. Great thought has been put into making the valves easy to strip and redress, and creating a product that is functional, reliable and user friendly.
For applications where wire or coil tubing must be cut and a pressure seal from below achieved, see the Hunting Ezi-Shear Seal (EESV and ESSV-HD):