PCH Stripper Type - 1
• Hydraulic pack off
• Lubrication injection and check valve assembly
• Simple to install
• Line components can be removed and elements changed while cable is threaded through the assembly without the need of a full strip down
• Dual 10K version is ported for inject/vent valve capability (anti adiabatic) during pre - job pressure testing
• Reduces the weight and operational risks associated with manual handling and grease injection systems
• Ease of installation saves valuable operation time
• Service components reduce the frictional bind and wear on seals
• Artic capability version available presently in dual only
The Hunting Pressure Control Head (PCH) Stripper is designed to seal around smooth coated large diameter wirelines using hydraulic pressure, preventing well fluids and /or gases confined within the lubricator from polluting the well site as the wireline is run in and out of the well bore.
There is a grease injection port between the pack offs to initially lubricate the dry line during run in hole, but also reducing friction and enhancing the life of the elements.
The PCH Stripper is available with dual pack-offs, 10,000 psi working pressure or with triple pack offs for 15,000 psi working pressure. Connections used to attach the PCH Stripper to the lubricator are most commonly of the self-aligning quick union type.
All PCH Strippers incorporate a safety check valve, should the wireline break and be blown out of the PCH Stripper Packing. In this event, as the well pressure tries to escape through the hole left in the Check Valve Housing, it will force the safety check valve ball bearing up, to seal off the hole.
The Hunting Dual PCH Stripper is offered as an enhanced alternative to conventional stuffing box or pack-off designs.