• Reduces the rig up height of E-line operations by turning the wire 180 degrees so it points downwards rather than upwards
• No central hub keeps weight to a minimum
• Use of Finite Element Analysis to ensure reliability, light weight and it being user friendly
• Reduces the rig up height by turning the wire to face downwards rather than upwards
• The alternative 2-inch 10-flowtube connection removed a quick union connection
The Hunting Turn-around Sheave offers operators the opportunity to reduce their rig-up height during e-line operations, by turning the wire through 180 degrees whilst still within the pressure control equipment (PCE). This allows for the grease injection control head to be pointing downwards instead of upwards.
Typically, the Turn-around sheave would be mounted on top of a tool catcher with a grease injection control head suspended from the other side.
Essentially a pressurised top block, the turn-around sheave consists of a sheave wheel held within a pressure retaining housing. By creating the assembly without a central hub, weight is kept to a minimum. The sheave is a precision-machined ring, which rotates on a large bearing to which grease can be pumped into for lubrication.
Turn-around sheaves can be supplied with any of the standard quick unions in order that it can be assembled directly to a suitably configured tool catcher and grease injection control head. If required, an alternative 2-inch 10-flowtube box connection can be provided on one side of the sheave body to eliminate a quick union.
Accessories available for the turn-around sheave include:
• Grease Injection Control Head Clamps
• Fixed Floor Blocks
• Grease Catchers
As with all Hunting PCE, great effort has been made to create a product that is rugged and reliable, whilst being as light and as user-friendly as possible. To achieve this, extensive use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) has been used in the design.