Excro Wire testers
• Clamp Jaws supplied for most Slick and Braided cable sizes.
• No special tools required.
• Allows testing of most rope sockets.
The Hunting ExCro Wire Tester provides two functions.
• Allows a ‘set’ of braided line rope sockets quickly and safely.
• Eliminates need to ‘set’ the rope socket with tool string weight.
• Provides a pull test to gauge the true strength of any slickline.
The Hunting ExCro tester is a safe and convenient tool. Whether testing the integrity of a rope socket or pull testing a slickline cable, the principle is the same. The wire is made up to a rope socket and loaded into the tester. The wire is then clamped in place, using the appropriate clamp jaws.
Jaws for 0.108”, 0.125”, 0.160”, 3/16”, 7/32” and 5/16” wire sizes are supplied.
Testing is performed by applying load to the wire by a hydraulic hand pump system and monitored by a pressure gauge.
A short section of wire under tension, is held within the body of the tool, making it completely safe.
The base unit weighs only 25Kg / 55 lbs, providing portability and easy use almost anywhere.
Requiring no special tools, virtually any rope socket can be tested with the ExCro Tester.
The ExCro Tester can be supplied a simple unit, or as a complete ExCro Testing Package, mounted on a frame and complete with a hand pump and recorder, so that pull tests can be recorded for inspection.
Slick line ductility testing can be performed using the 349 Series Hunting Wire Ductility Tester