Excro Wire testers
• The Excro Wire tester is used as a safe means of testing the integrity of the Rope Socket by carrying out a “pull test” on the wire to verify that the Rope Socket is tied correctly
• It can be used for both Slickline and Braided Line Rope Sockets
• Available for wire sizes ranging from 0.108” up to 5/16”
• Serves two important safety functions
• Sets braided line rope sockets quickly and safely, without having to do so by pulling on the cable from the winch through the rig up
• Give slicklines a straight pull test to gauge the true strength of any slickline
• Can be supplied as a single unit or as a complete testing package complete with hand pump and chart recorder
• Convenient tool
• Ability to test the strength unlike the traditional torsion tester which only gives an idea of the wire condition
• Reduces the risk of exposing personnel to cables under high tension
• Fully portable and ready to use anywhere
• Does not require any special tools
• Can be used with virtually any rope socket
The Hunting ExCro Wire Tester serves two very important functions. The first is to ‘set’ braided line rope sockets quickly and safely, without having to do so by pulling on the cable from the winch, through the rig up, reducing the risk of exposing personnel to cables under high tension.
The second is to give slicklines a straight pull test which is important for gauging the true strength of any slickline. The traditional torsion tester can give an excellent indication of the wire condition whether carbon, alloy or stainless steel, but not an actual value.