Mechanical Linear Jar
• Low friction bearing components.
• Increased jar rod stroke length.
• Slotted housing.
• Increased visibility of the jar action at surface.
• Higher impacts are achievable with increased stroke.
• Increased reliability in wells with debris.
The Hunting Linear jars are designed to the highest industry standards.
The Linear Jar was designed to enhance extended reach jarring
efficiency in high angle wells.
Features include a 30-inch stroke which allows higher impacts being
achieved during jarring. Roller bearings minimise the friction between
the jar rod and housing allowing the jar to open and close freely in
higher angle wells. Slots as opposed to circular ports allow fluid bypass
while preventing solids entering the jar, creating interference in the jar
Hunting Linear jars are available in all common industry tool
string sizes and are manufactured with either sucker rod or
integral quick connections per customer requirements