Rope Socket Pear Drop Type
• Used as a method of connecting the Slickline to the tool string, from wire sizes from 0.108” up to 0.160”
• Assembly consists of a body with external fishing neck, sleeve and brass wedge (pear drop)
• The pear drop is grooved to accommodate the wire and comes complete with a securing grub screw
• The more pull applied on the Slickline, the more the pear drop pulls into the sleeve giving a tighter grip on the Slickline
• Pear drop sockets are ordered to suit the wire size being deployed
• Simple, low maintenance design
Hunting Pear Drop Rope Sockets are used to attach wireline to the toolstring and are predominately used with wireline sizes from 0.092” to 0.160”* dependant on size.
The Rope Socket assembly consists of a body with an external fishing neck, sleeve and a brass wedge (“pear drop”) which is grooved to accommodate the wire and comes complete with a securing grub screw.