External Dimple Connector
• Robust and cost effective means of attaching a BHA to the coil
• Torsionally locked connector to prevent spinning when using BHA’s that create torque
• Large ID to allow for maximum flow rates and drop ball capability
• Dual Internal Seals
• Dual purpose assembly / disassembly tool
• Simple and strong design
• Easy to make-up to the coil
• Reuseable design
• Two O’Ring grooves provide security in high-pressure applications
The External Dimple Connector engages the outer diameter of the coil tubing by the use of special grub screws that are screwed through the connector body and into the pre-dimpled coil tubing.
A dimpling tool is used to align the dimples with the pattern on the connector body. The connection between the connector and the coil is able to withstand high tensile loads, high torque and high pressure.
The connection on the bottom-sub is manufactured to suit BHA requirements. Standard connections are listed below, but any connections can be supplied.