Slip Type Connector
- External connector engages with the outer diameter of the coiled tubing
- Uninterrupted bore for drop ball operations
- Slip ensures the axial load is transferred into the tubing, increasing the strength of the connector grip
- Comprises a top and bottom-sub which contains the slip and spacer ring
- Available in all sizes of coil
- Locking screws prevent back off of the service connection
- Anti-rotation screws prevent connector rotating once assembled
- Elastomeric seals
- Minimal coil dress required
- Field re-dressable
The Slip Type Connector is an external type connector that engages the outer diameter of the coil tubing. The slip ensures that axial load is transferred into the tubing, increasing the strength of the connector grip on the tubing.
The connector design provides an uninterrupted bore for drop ball operations while locking screws prevent the service connection backing off and the anti-rotation screws prevent the coil tubing rotating inside the connector once assembled.
The Slip Type Coil Connector comprises of a top and bottom-sub, which contains the slip and spacer ring. The dressed coil is simply stabbed into the connector and the bottom-sub rotated with an overpull applied to set the slip. Finally, the bottom-sub is made up and the lock and anti-rotation screws fitted.
The connection on the bottom-sub is manufactured to suit BHA requirements. Standard connections are listed below but any connections can be supplied