Flow Activated Tubing End/Nipple Locator
- Available in sizes to suit most nipple profiles
- Used at the end of production tubing for depth correlation
- Designed to allow the device to be run with location latch in the retracted position
- Flow activated multiple on/off function
- Mechanical emergency release and tool de-activation function
- Field redressable
The Flow Activated Tubing End Locator is a device used for the location of nipple profiles and/or the end of the production tubing for depth correlation.
The design allows the device to be run with the location latch retracted, therefore eliminating wear of the latch and damage to the tubing. Flow through the tool creates the differential pressure required to activate the mechanism, enabling the latch to ride up onto the cone. Stopping the flow retracts the latch.
The design incorporates a shear release mechanism that can be used to ‘switch off’ the tool or provide an emergency release if required.
The Tubing End Locator can be functioned repeatedly. If, for some reason, the locator is no longer required to be used during the operation or has become jammed, the shear feature can be activated by a straight pull or upward jarring. This shears out the cone and by slacking-off weight and retracts the latch. Subsequent flow through the tool simply pushes the cone down the tool, where it is retained via a body lock ring.
A variety of latches can be supplied to suit profiles or tubing Inner-diameter.