- Retrieves wire that has broken in the tubing or wellbore
- Two or three flexible prongs extending downwards
- Pointed barbs are welded to the inside of the prongs to form hooks and allow easier retrieval of the broken wire
- Flexible design to allow for it to bend
- Any combination of style, outer diameter and thread connection available
- Simple design
- Robust construction
The Wireline Grab is used to fish broken wire from the tubing.
The Coiled Tubing Wireline Grab consists of two or three flexible prongs extending downwards. Pointed barbs are welded to the inside of the prongs in order to form hooks that will catch the looped end of the broken wire.
The Wireline Grab is flexible enough to bend and can be gauged for the tubing it is to be run in. The prong ends of the grab should fit snugly against the walls of the tubing to help prevent line by-pass.