Hydraulic Pipe Cutter
- The severing down hole tubulars
- Variety of features enhance the operation of the tool
- A dual piston which doubles the axial force into the knives
- Activation fluid is diverted up the tool to flush and assist with the cut
- Knives are dressed with premium and coated machine tool inserts, enabling a fast and clean cut
- Field redressable
The Hydraulic Pipe Cutter is a device for severing down hole tubulars.
Activation fluid is diverted up the tool to flush and prevent cuttings interfering with the cut. The knives are dressed with premium and coated machine tool inserts, enabling a fast and clean cut.
The pipe cutter can be deployed on a positive displacement motor or jointed pipe. Flow, down through the tool generates an internal pressure that causes the dual piston to actuate. As the pistons move up within the tool, cams lift the three cutter knives out.
Upon completion of the cut, flow is ceased and a compression spring forces the dual piston back to its starting position.