Interchangeable Wellhead Desander
- Cyclone separator insert is interchangeable with a sand filter
- Dual pot system with high pressure by-pass and dual isolation valves
- Lifting support for sand filter and cyclone separator interchange
- High efficiency of solids separation (up to 99%) at high flow rates
- Handles high flow rates with minimal back pressure
- Continuous sand disposal by gravity and water flushing
- Separates a wide range of particle sizes from the well stream
- Flexible solids separation configuration on a single wellhead package
- Eliminates erosion on choke manifold and downstream process equipment
- Enables high rate well testing
- Allows representative sand sampling and sand production rate estimation
The Hunting Interchangeable Wellhead Desander offers a flexible high pressure sand management solution upstream of the choke manifold during well testing, frac-flowback and well clean-up operations.
Cyclonic de-sanders have a high efficiency of separation at high flowrates with minimal pressure drop and can handle both a wider range of particle sizes and larger volumes of solids when compared to sand filters. The cyclonic and sand filter separation techniques are considered complimentary and present a challenge to the well test service company in making an investment decision on one technique or the other without prior knowledge of the well conditions.
The Hunting Interchangeable Wellhead Desander features a dual pot system with interchangeable cyclone separators and sand filters offering the unique benefit of system configuration with both techniques to cover a wider range of well conditions from a single package.
The Hunting cyclonic technology has been independently flow loop tested to verify solids separation performance.